Sunday, October 27, 2013

Well, folks, it looks like I may be getting the hang of this now.  Let's try it and we'll see what happens.  I just finished the tour of Milan and the northern Italian masterpieces (and WOW were there plenty) and I paired up with a lady from Colorado and we came to Bologna two days ago (THE ABSOLUTELY MOST FABULOUS FOOD I HAVE EVER EATEN), and now we arrived in Florence for a week's stay (I actually only stay six days since I have to be back in Rome/Frascati) to meet my friend Rafael (Paco) who is arriving on Saturday for a month's stay.  I will reconstrusct my trip for you but I also want to learn how to include pictures.  I'm trying to put one here just to get used to it.  I have walked my #$%^& off and am glad because it's such a part of Italy and everybody does it!   Everything is going super/duper fine and the weather is lovely, cool, and drier here in Florence.   Carol and I are planning our next visits to San Gimigniano, Sienna, Chianti, and Reggiomano, something like that.  They are all quaint little towns around the area.  I have almost finalized renting an apartment in Sorrento, south of Rome, close to Naples because the winter will be mild and it will be close to the Amalfi coast and many other neat places.  The train rides are hard because I had to bring a heavy suitcase to last me almost six months and it's hard to get in and out of trains.  However, at many places, all you have to do is say "ayuddo me, per favore" and some gentleman is willing to get it down for you.
Please keep checking as I will be posting as frequently as I can.  This will be MY journal too... so I need to post the first 10 days.
Love you all, and keep logging in!  aventura-italiana.blogspot.com
Cecilia  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! What fun....can't wait to see a pic!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. que padrísimo que rápido que ya va a llegar paco, se me hace que no e vas a querer regresar jajajajaja ya sube fotos


    besos

    ReplyDelete