Thursday, October 31, 2013

Yesterday was fun!   Carol and I hopped on one of those double-decker buses and went all around Florence.   We stopped and got off at several spots and enjoyed the ride very much.   We had a nice lunch at one of the big Piazzas of one of the biggest churches, Santa Croce (Holy Cross) where a lot of important people are buried, including Galileo, Machiavelli, and many others.   As churches often are, it is huge and very impressive in its architecture.
Today was also exploring day.   I went to the train station to buy tickets for my leaving for Rome/Frascati, and for meeting my friend Paco who comes into Rome on Saturday.   We ended up at the central market, which is incredible, housed in an even more incredible building.   It is not your typical Safeway/Albertson's/Kroeger's, whatever... what a trip!   We sat down in the market to eat and we ate the BEST suckling pig ever....   the pig sat right there in front of us as they sliced it and made it into a fabulous sandwich.  Later, we did a little shopping.   I bought the cutest had and scarf, Carol bought ITALIA jackets for her grandchildren.   We came back to the hotel because tonight is our "farewell" dinner and we're going for wild boar....  I understand it's better than the best pork you ever ate.   I'll be happy to be a gastronomical reporter for this one.   Right now, gotta go back to the room to change my shoes for going out and grab a coat.  It's kind of chilly out there.   The weather has been phenomenal and it has only rained one day since I have been here, and it's now two weeks.   HAPPY HALLOWEEN everybody!   You would not believe it but Halloween has invaded Florece!   Ayayay.
Write more tomorrow or Saturday.....  
This are my 5 C's.
Can't forget:
computer (tablet)
coin purse (where I keep my money and credit cards`0
cane (surfaces are SOOOOOO uneven)
camera
converter.....See how clever I am?  
Anyway, keep on logging in!
Cecilia

1 comment:

  1. Amicci hiciste falta en el desfile de Hslloween de la Davis. La Campuzano llego de Reyna! Ke tal?
    Ke padre ke se oyen tus comentarios
    No te oigo mencionar la "suppa ni la insalatta" ja ja

    ReplyDelete