Monday, December 2, 2013

Settled in Natale-clad Firenze

Monday, December 2, 2013
I can't believe I'm here.  Gabriele (my landlord, who is an absolute gem of a gentleman) just met me to give me all the ins and outs about the apartment.  I will start unpacking and arranging things in just a minute.   I don't even want to SEE a suitcase, yippee!  I am going out to a nearby deli to buy a couple of goodies and then to the other nearby fruit stand to buy some GRAPES!   Gabriele had two small bottles of prosecco chilled for me, so I can toast to my new "home".   I will, most likely, be having the buffet breakfast at the hotel, which is 1.5 kilometers each way, if it's not raining.   And, I get a 10-minute phone call everyday which I definitely plan to take advantage of.  Guess who is my neighbor across the river?   Salvatore Ferragamo, no less.....    He has a beautiful palazzo right on the river.  Lots of remodeling going on, but I'll just tell you that it's six floors high.  Wouldn't I love to go and introduce myself as the new neighbor across the Street?  Don't bet against me!   So, the Firenze phase of my "aventura" has begun.  Tomorrow, I will start looking at the English newspaper for activities and groups that might meet for yoga or something like that.  I shall keep you posted.   Right now, I'm off to the deli and the fruit stand.   I was so nervous today, leaving Rome, for some reason (this always happens right before I travel) and then having to deal with the suitcases and the train, well, I start to panic and hyperventilate.   I even had diarrhea!   No, not when I am going to be on a train for 1.5 hours!!!!   Where are you, Depends?????  Sorry, if I'm being crude, but this is my journal and I don't want to forget anything, even that stomach condition.....  As the cab drove me to the apartment, all the little cobblestone streets have beautiful lights going across them, all different and all glittery.  I think it's just the beginning.
We shall see what awaits for me here in beautiful, ready-for-Christmas Firenze.

1 comment:

  1. Ya tas instalada, a divertirte y a mantenerte ocupada...:-)

    ReplyDelete